Social media has taken over and with that the way information is exchanged has changed as well. Gone are the days of plain old boring texts – now it’s all about the visuals and creativity to grab attention and create engagement.
But of course, with that comes the question of originality because let’s face it, there is only so much content that you can produce before you run out of ideas. So if that’s a question that’s in your head, then you have come to the right place because today, we are going to be discussing a few design hacks that is sure to increase your social media traffic with visual content.
With that said, let’s take a look at what they are.
- First things first, design the headers of your page like billboards. This will make your page look attractive and will instantly draw attention of the visitor.
- Create content that is simple in design and allows the user to quickly get the information. A thing to remember is that designs don’t necessarily have to be overly complicated to appeal – nope, a simple design can also do that.
- Apart from being social creatures, humans are visual creatures as well, hence instead of telling them any information, it’s better to show it to them. And this can be done using infographics, which are one of the best ways to easily share information on social media.
- Include a strong call-to-action in your designs. However, make sure that you avoid the typical “Buy it now” and go with something funny and different that will help in engaging your audience and increase traffic to your social media pages.
- An important thing to keep in mind is to design visual content according to the platform it will be used on. For example, a separate design for the cover photo on Facebook keeping in mind that the bottom left corner gets hidden by the profile picture. However, in order to do that, it’s important to have information regarding each platform.
- Ever posted something interesting only to find it a few months later on a different website, credited to someone else? Interesting and fun content that you post should be credited to you and no one else, hence to avoid that, add a watermark or a small logo of your brand on the image.