Did you know that a way a customer perceives your brand might be a result of your brand’s logo? Believe it or not, a logo is an important element when it comes to creating an image for your brand in the mind of your target audience. While companies are now realizing the importance of certain branding elements, including the design of the logo, they tend to get a little sidetracked when it comes to the selection of a logo design.
However, we did some research into what makes a logo the right logo for a brand and have come up with a checklist that will ensure that when you are presented with a selection of logo designs, you will select one that is best for your brand. Let’s take a look below:
- One of the most important things to remember is that you are aiming to market your brand to your customers. Therefore, make sure that the design that you have selected is focused on the customer. The question to ask here is that will the design of the logo appeal to your target customers? Will they understand the significance of the design and be able to perceive the symbolism the way you intended?
- Another question that you need to ask before you select a logo for your brand is relevant to your industry and does it reveal about the nature of your company, product or service? While we are not implying that your logo should be so literal that it lacks in originality but it should be relevant to the nature of your industry and the company and the services/products which it represents.
- Every day, we interact with over 150 brands and it is not possible that we remember them all unless they are so unique that they instantly become memorable. Therefore, when selecting a logo design a point which should be a considered is its memorability factor.
- A design which is simple instantly appeals to the eye. Therefore, that should be an important factor to take into consideration when you are selecting a logo because too much details or too tricky designs could result into the risk of losing your audience before they even understand the message in the logo.
- The logo which you select should be timeless in such a way that it has a long shelf life and does not require you to upgrade it every year.
- Another important aspect you need to look into before you select a logo is its adaptability and extendibility. Can it be used across different mediums such as print, television, websites, or even across branding merchandise?
Keep these factors in mind and you will be able to select a logo that is a perfect fit for your brand and will help to reach out and engage your target audience thereby increasing your brand’s awareness.