So it seems that the Microsoft’s Surface Hub has some serious (but cute) competition heading their way. Wondering what we are talking about? Google’s new Jamboard, which has finally got a price tag attached and a release sometime in May!
With digital whiteboards seeming to be all the rage with companies these days, Google of course could not resist jumping in and coming out with its own version. And let us tell you that the Jamboard will definitely provide some tough competition to the Microsoft’s Surface Hub system. While the Surface hub comes at a hefty price tag of $8,999 for a 55-inch screen or $21,999 for the 84-inch version the Jamboard comes in at $4,999 for a 55-inch model that supports a 4K resolution (Microsoft’s Surface supports 4K only on the 84-inch version), excluding the annual fee of $600 that is for maintenance.
But the price is not the only thing that it has going in its favor, not at all, rather this whiteboard is packed with features that you definitely need to look at:
- 55-inch 4K UHD display
- 120 Hz touch scan rate / 60 Hz video refresh rate
- Built-in tilt support / Built-in wide-angle camera
- Down-firing speakers / Built-in microphones
- HDMI 2.0, USB Type C, 2 X USB 3.0
- SPDIF audio out
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 / 1 Gigabyte Ethernet
- 16 simultaneous touch points
- Handwriting and shape recognition
- Google Cast
- 2 x Fine tip passive stylus, Eraser, Microfiber cloth
- Rolling stand is an additional accessory
It is a pretty reflective therefore, if you are in a well lit room then it might not be the best idea to hang it directly across from a window but really we cannot complain given the features and the price tag. In fact, we love the overall look and design of this whiteboard. The Jamboard feels pretty thick and with its red matte plastic back, it gives an overall sturdy and solid feel to the whole digital whiteboard.
Thanks, great article.