Since most of the users browse websites on their smartphones or tablets these days, it is important for a website to be responsive, so that it works perfectly across all devices.
Therefore, when it comes to designing a responsive website, keep the following tips in mind to ensure a smooth user experience
- When it comes to the display of websites vs smartphones and tablets, the number of columns that you use to design a website needs to be kept in check so that it works perfectly across all devices. Usually on a website, the number of columns in a design can be around four while the number of columns for tablets can be scaled to two and one column for smartphones.
- When it comes to designing for different screen sizes, it is important that you prioritize the content and present it in a way that it not only fits perfectly on the screen but that it also looks good.
- Despite which platform you are designing for, make sure that you keep the placement of the same.
- The layout matters a lot when it comes to designing – a landscape layout works best when it comes to designing for a website that would be viewed across laptops and wide screens while a portrait layout works best for viewing a site on smartphones and tablets.
- The word count, rather the character count is essential to keep in mind when it comes to designing a responsive website. Therefore, when designing for smartphones or tablet, keep in mind the font size of the body copy along with the heading and adjust it as necessary.
- Keep the number of visuals used in check when you are designing for smartphones or tablet. Remember, not only does it take a lot more data for the visuals to load but it also uses up a lot of screen space.
Whether a website, smartphone or tablet you are designing for, you need to make sure that the overall design not only displays perfectly across all devices but that it also looks attractive.